At Smile Studio, we know that your smile is important to you. And when suffering from fractures, decay, or even tooth loss, you may be feeling overwhelmed and unsure of how to repair the damage. That’s why we are proud to offer restorative dentistry, as it presents a variety of solutions to help repair your smile, and restore your function.
Our Norman, OK team specializes in restorative care and uses the latest technology and techniques to make sure you get the best treatment possible. Read on to learn more about what we do and why you should choose us for your next dental visit.
A dental crown is a restorative cap that is designed to encapsulate a weakened, fractured, or infected tooth following root canal treatment. The crown strengthens the integrity of the tooth, allowing it to be used for proper function again, all while simultaneously restoring its aesthetic appearance.
At Smile Studio, we offer same-day crowns for our patients using CEREC technology. Traditional crowns require multiple visits and involve taking molds of your tooth and sending them off to a laboratory for fabrication. With CEREC crowns, the entire process can be completed in one visit, in one office. This means that the process is completed much faster, and you can be on your way with a strong and beautiful smile in no time!
- To begin, we will first contour and reshape your tooth to make room for the crown.
- Then, digital impressions of your tooth will be taken; the digital impression eliminates the need for uncomfortable molding material and trays.
- We will then design a crown using computer-aided technology, while you relax in our office.
- Once the design is just right, your crown will be milled right here, at Smile Studio.
- Finally, the crown will be bonded in place and polished to ensure a seamless end result.
You’ll be able to leave with a restored smile in just one visit!
A dental bridge is a prosthetic restoration formed by the fusion of three or more crowns in a series. The purpose of the bridge is to fill a gap left by one or more missing teeth—restoring the function and aesthetics of the smile while preventing adjacent teeth from shifting.
At Smile Studio, we use CEREC technology to produce high-quality, custom bridges that are built to last.
- The process begins by first reshaping the adjacent teeth on either side of the gap in order for the bridge to be attached. The crowns fused on either end of the prosthetic will be cemented over these teeth and utilize their root structures as an anchor.
- Next, digital impressions of the prepared teeth and gap will be taken for fabrication.
- The bridge will then be custom-made and milled in-office.
- When the bridge is finished, it will be tried in to ensure proper fit and bite before being cemented.
Root canals are a type of restorative dentistry procedure that involves the removal of infected pulp inside the tooth, followed by the cleaning, filling, and sealing of the inner chamber. This procedure is used to treat tooth infections and save teeth from extraction.
While this may sound intimidating, it truly is no more uncomfortable than getting a filling. At Smile Studio, we use advanced tools and techniques to make sure the procedure is as comfortable and efficient as possible.
- The process begins by making a tiny hole in the crown of the tooth to access the pulp chamber.
- The infected tissue will then be removed, and the area will be carefully cleaned to prevent reinfection.
- Once the area is cleaned, it will be filled with a rubber-like material (gutta-percha) and sealed to prevent further bacterial growth.
- After the root canal procedure, we will place a beautiful, custom-made crown over the tooth.
Dentures are removable prosthetic replacements for missing teeth that help to restore function, chewing ability, and aesthetics. There are two different types of dentures available: the full denture and the partial denture.
- Full dentures consist of a polymer, pink base with artificial teeth attached to it. These are used to replace all of the teeth in either the upper or lower arch. The denture is held in place by a combination of adhesive and suction and performs the function of both tissue support and bite ability. The polymer base prevents the sagging of the lips and cheeks, averting an aged appearance.
- Partial dentures are used when only some of the teeth in a dental arch require replacement. They consist of a metal framework of clasps and artificial teeth; the framework is designed to fit securely around the remaining natural teeth for support, ensuring the appliance stays in place.
Fillings are a type of restorative dentistry procedure used to repair small cavities or cracks in the teeth. The process involves removing decay and filling in the deteriorated region with either amalgam or a white composite resin material. Amalgam fillings are made up of a combination of metals, while composite fillings are tooth-colored and made of a mix of glass and plastic resin.
- The first step is to numb the area around the tooth that needs to be repaired.
- Next, we will remove any bacteria and decay that is present, making sure to clean the area thoroughly.
- Once the area has been cleaned, we will fill the cavity with either amalgam or composite material depending on your preference.
- Finally, the filling will be polished to give a smooth and natural finish.
Fillings help protect teeth from further decay or damage, restoring both function and aesthetics. The filling is durable enough to withstand everyday wear and tear, making it a great way to dependably restore your smile.